Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My 'Ah-Ha' Moment

We all have had them. Those moments when we it finally clicked on just what it was that we are supposed to do with our lives. My ‘ah-ha’ moment came very recently. As a matter of fact, it happened a few weeks ago. I have always been a person that has wanted to help people. It was this longing to help that drove me to pursue a ton of careers of which I did not enjoy. I tried nursing, but I was afraid of needles and wanted to puke at the sight of blood. I tried nursing assistant, but I didn’t like some of the things that went along with the job. I loved writing. I still do love it. I realized that writing can help people in more ways than one could imagine. Writing gets read. Words can change lives. Words are powerful. I realized that possessing the gift to write was not something to take lightly, but something to be appreciated. And, I love speaking in front of groups of people, teaching and telling about something interesting. Most people find that a bit shocking because I am somewhat of a soft spoken person. So, a few weeks ago, I discovered that I could use my gift of writing and speaking to create a job that I would not only enjoy doing, but love doing. Which brings me to my question for you. Have you had an ‘ah-ha’ moment? An epiphany? Have you been toying with a dream for so long but have been afraid to bring it to reality out of fear of what others may say about you? If you are one of those people, living like I did for so long, then guess what, it’s time to change. It’s time to step out on faith and go for your dreams. Life is too short to do anything otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment